Issue Date: 21st February,2020
Closing Date: 20th March,2020
The candidate will assist with a range of processes including commercial contracts, licence applications, ongoing compliance and regulatory management, etc. So it would need to be someone with a knowledge of Maltese Law and ideally also experienced in MGA / GDPR regulations. There would also be an element of whipping us into shape in terms of getting our own house “in order” as regards all internal contracts and related best practice / housekeeping. If someone has the legal background but not necessarily the regulatory side we could consider that as they would be able to learn the regulatory side of things.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with external legal counsel on major projects, coordinating with the group Compliance Manager to ensure that we have processes & procedures in place and documented for all areas relating to applicable legislation and regulation (AML, etc as well as the gaming-specific side of things), together with general legal advice on how to conduct the business on a day-to-day basis.
- Act as a centralized point of contact for third parties with whom the Company deals from a legal and compliance perspective, particularly regulatory authorities and external legal counsel.
- Carry out due diligence, risk assessments and compliance checks for new business, undertaking periodic reviews and risk assessments of existing client relationships and business and on new and existing companies and trusts.
- Deal with general compliance queries.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external legislation and regulation and the effective implementation of rules at all organizational levels.
- Identify and assess compliance risk – establish and implement any policies and procedures required.
- AML/CFT compliance, such as reviewing of alerts, replying to requests for information, and ensuring that all relevant databases are kept updated.
- Provide in-house training on compliance matters.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the portfolio of gaming licenses held by the Company through the attainment and renewal of said licenses.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Company’s intellectual property portfolio through the registration, maintenance and renewal of IP rights and by assisting in any IP litigation matters that may arise from time to time.
- Assist the Key Officials in the execution of their duties.
- Perform MLRO or DPO functions.
- Take ownership of all aspects relating to the Company’s contractual relationships with third parties through the drafting, reviewing and execution of contractual arrangements, mainting records and keeping track of renewels.
- Completing and submitting PSP applications made by the Company and the respective due diligence work that need to be carried out.
- Assist other departments of the Company in the handling and resolving of player complaints and other related issues.
- Advise and assist other departments of the Company from a legal and compliance perspective with respect to a variety of topics related to the operations of the Company.
- Participate in licensing audits and site visits to which the Company may be subject from a regulatory, legal and compliance perspective.
- Handle corporate matters and affairs of the Company.
- Handle the setting up and maintenance of adequate insurance coverage for the Company.
- Carrying out legal research and ensuring that the Company keeps abreast of developments from a regulatory, legal and compliance perspective on a local and international level.
Person Specification (Skills; knowledge; experience; attitude):
- A legal or related qualification.
- Compliance specific training would be considered to be an asset, and hands-on experience in a similar environment for at least a couple of years would be highly valued.
- Diligent, organised, multi-tasking person who is able to work in a challenging environment.
- Excellent analytical skills, with an eye for detail while also adopting a practical, flexible and hands-on approach towards his/her work.
- Capacity to work collaboratively with colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Ability to face challenges with enthusiasm, to work independently and to act on own initiative.
- Ability to effectively understand problems and make timely and practical decisions in the interests of the Company.
- Being dependable and demonstrating commitment and dedication towards his/her work.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Knowledge of foreign languages would be considered as an asset, especially knowledge of Italian.
While not essential requirements for eligibility, the following qualities shall be considered valuable assets, and preference shall be given to candidates possessing such:
- experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts;
How to Apply
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply by sending their CV to: email@example.com.
|Job Category||IT, Poker Dealer|