Issue Date: 15th July,2020
Closing Date: 24th July,2020
The Head chef is responsible for the operation and profitable functioning of the kitchens at Portomaso Casino operated by Tumas Gaming. He will train, motivate and inspire his team to deliver an efficient food operation and be responsible for the kitchen’s performance. He should be familiar with all policies and procedures of the F&B standards and principles, implements and maintains them
Role and Responsibilities:
- Hard working, organized, smart and flexible;
- Passionate, dedicated and creative about food;
- Conforming at all times with health and hygiene regulations;
- Dedicating time to develop your team, while motivating them to facilitate teamwork;
- Ensure attendance to training courses provided for your team;
- Have strong management and leadership skills;
- Responsible for food ordering and controlling stock;
- Supervise service ensuring presentation of food is compliant with restaurant standards;
- Ensure that your section is notified of all function bookings, and products required from other sections. Ensure that all last-minute changes are acknowledged by your section, and carried out;
- Closely coordinate with the staff to ensure that all the machinery & utensils are properly cleaned according to the Kitchen standard.
- Setting measurable performance standards, objectives and goals to be achieved;
- Ensure that all staff follows our standard recipes, methods of preparation and presentation according to the department standard;
- Be familiar with the menu and know the ingredients, portion size, method of cooking and time it takes to prepare each item on the menu.
- Working closely with the Management and other departments to build effective relations, to ensure a smooth and cost-efficient operation;
- Compliance with all security policies and procedure.
- Ensure a high standard of hygiene and grooming of employees;
- Maintain good discipline within the department;
- Possess a valid work permit to work in Malta.
Person Specification (Skills; knowledge; experience; attitude):
- Applicant must be hard working and have initiative
- Able to lead a team or form part of a team
- Able to generate ideas which lead to business development
- Ideally able to compile and cost menus
- Have a smart personality
- Ideally be HACCP qualified though not mandatory
**All resumes will be handled with confidentiality.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply by sending their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Category||IT, Kitchen, Poker Dealer|