The Commis Chef assists the Sous-chef or the Head Chef in the efficiency and profitability functioning of the Kitchen-section assigned to them. They are familiar with all policies and procedures of the department, standards and principles, implements and maintains them.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To prepare and cook food to the defined standard.
- Wash and clean food preparation equipment, utensils and tools when required.
- To inform the Sous Chef of any wastage and to record this accordingly.
- To work and/or train in all sections of the kitchen.
- To always use the exact recipe and work within specific food costs. Wash, peel, chop, cut and cook food items.
- Cook food by a range of methods.
- Store food in temperature controlled areas.
- To store all food items accordingly, checking quality and rotation.
- Should finish all the tasks which give to you.
- Always ask for anything to learn and write notes to be guideline for you.
- Improving quality and service standards by paying attention to detail.
- Working closely with colleagues and other departments to build effective relations, to ensure a smooth and cost-efficient operation.
- Follow all the policy for grooming and clean less in all cooking area.
- The role is based in either Portomaso or Oracle Casino, but applicants may be asked to shift between casinos if the need arises.
Person Specification (Skills; knowledge; experience; attitude):
- Attention to detail.
- Good command of English.
- Good communication skills.
- Following HACCP to the letter.
- Neat and well-groomed appearance is to be presented always.
- Previous experience will be considered an asset.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply by sending their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Category||Poker Dealer|